Here we have put together our list of top tips for cleaning windows. From making your own mixture of solution even to old tricks. There are plenty ways to do it to bring the sparkle back to your windows. Here are some cleansing windows tips:
- Wash your window with a sponge. Washing up liquid in warm soapy water will work but keep it in mind that the fewer suds the better. Be careful when you are using a stronger cleaning solution since it will cause damage to the paintwork.
- Wipe off excess water. Wipe off excess water with a clean squeegee, starting at the top of the window to the bottom in a reverse S pattern for maximum efficiency. Don’t forget to regularly wipe the squeegee with an old rag to avoid transferring the dirt around the other parts of the window.
- Remove any remaining water from the glass with a damp, wrung-dry chamois or microfiber cloth. Dry the windowsill beneath so there would be no excess water dripping down.
- Wash windows on a cloudy day. Direct sunlight makes it easier to see the dirt, but it also dries the window too quick – causing streaks on the glass. So make sure you pick a cloudy day to clean your window.
- Clean your windows at least twice a year. It will give you a truly surprising effect since it will get the room brighter and lighter.
- Make your own cleaning solution. Prepare a bucket of warm water and add two tablespoons of vinegar.
- For a really dirty or greasy windows. Add two tablespoons of household ammonia or domestic borax per gallon and mix it to the mixture/solution above. Finish it with a fry, lint-free cloth.
- When buffing the clean, dry the glass and then use a crumpled newspaper as a pad. The printers’ ink will give your windows an extra sparkle.